Spider-Woman Art

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dave Cockrum

080606: Here I've added color to the Magnus character and toned down the colors from the original.
072306: Here I added color to the Excalibur character and I was able to consolidate layers reducing the file size from 500MB down to 150MB. The tricky part is with the consolidated layers, I need to make a selection for each of the colors when applying tones.
070306: This classic piece from Cockrum is one of my old time Spider-Woman favorites. In this color vairant, I tried a new technique of using one fill layer with two sub-layers of clipping paths for the red and yellow of SW costume. This enabled me to use the same midtone, shadow and hightlight (other sub-layers) layers for both colors. Look forward to finishing this one up.

080206: Thanks Mr. Postman for knowing EC is Ernie Chan. I'll have to lookup his other work...He actually did pencils in SW29.
072906: At first, I didn't think this was a Cockrum piece but it is. Still trying to figure out then inker with the initials EC. I was a bit disappointed because the SW's gliders were not include. Probably because of the weird position she is in. Still had fun coloring the piece.

072306: Another Cockrum classic with my favorite inker Bob Wiacek. This cover seems to be a start of trend where SW is tied up or chained up. It's another fun piece, hopefully I'll finish it up.

071006: This is another favorite classic from Cockrum. He really knows how to render SW in an action position. Here I had to redo the shadows a couple of times. Though I may have to mute the colors on the Brother Grimm character since they are a dark blue and red. I want the focus to be on SW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home