Spider-Woman Art

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Brian Postman


072306: I mocked up this piece from Postman as he indicated that it could have been a variant to SW50. I had to recrop it to fit the cover format. This piece was a little rushed. I may go back to redo some of the colors.
062206: All the color, midtones, shadows and highlights are in. After coloring SW, I kinda rushed the other characters and background. I may go back and do so refining. As I work on other pieces, different techniques improve so I've been going back and forth tryingout different methods.
061406: Here two additional characters are colored and the layers in the Photoshop file are building up and the file is getting larger and larger.
061106: Brian Postman indicated that this could have been a variant of Spider-Woman #50. Here is my attempt to color it. I'm having problems smoothingout the blends for some reason. I may have to apply more blur on the shadows and highlights.
070106: This turned out pretty well. Learned a couple of tricks with making masks and compound paths, but I think I did it the hard way. I literally hand lettered the new banner and the new "avatar" almost had to be resketched electronically.
062806: Here's another Postman recreation of SW48. It was a bit of a challenge coloring the fabric. It took 3 tries and lots of Gaussian Blurs. Still need to recreate the bew banner and "avatar."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home